Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Colorful Bathroom Renovation Part 1

This was a really fun project. The mirror was just hanging by a nail before. The client wanted it framed and permanently attached to the wall. I came up with the basic layout but after realizing we were out of corner bullnose, the client decided to use four pieces from the blue back splash in another bathroom. Because the mirror was too heavy to just thinset to the wall, I had to tile the frame up first, using finishing nails and tape to hold it in place. The next day after the thinset was hard, I was able to simply Liquid Nail the mirror inside the frame. I'm very proud of this piece!  
This is the blue back splash that we got the mirror corner tiles from. Very basic but super sharp layout. 
This is the best shot I could get of the whole shower. The room was small. This was a fun job because the colors were fun. The black border allows the bright colors to "pop" and also blends into the black and white base tile and floor. 
This was a very nice opportunity to use the bullnose border to frame the heater. I also use the checker tile that was used to frame the mirror on opposite wall. The heater had a short and was shocking me. It had to be reinstalled later. 

No comments: