Saturday, November 8, 2008

Baltimore Shower/Bathroom Floor Renovation Part 1

This bathroom used to have small 4x4 white tile all over. I removed everything including the shower base. I started over from the sub-floor. I reattached the drain. Built the curb out of 2x4s. Repaired water damaged plywood. Installed the bladder and waterproofed the whole shower including the inside and outside of the curb. I waterproof after installing the floor mud in the shower floor. This way, no water can get past the floor mud. When your floor tile mold easily, it can be because the floor mud is saturated. Water gets between the bladder and floor mud and just sits there, never able to dry out. So, what I do is, install the bladder, then the Durock, then mud the floor. The next day, the mud will be dry and hard. Then I start from the top, taping the seams in the Durock and waterproofing everything from top to bottom. Enjoy the pics! 




No comments: