Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Marble Shower Part 2

Here is a marble tile job I just finished up around Sept. 20th 2009. It is a classic marble design similar to the one a few blogs ago that one me the Gold Ribbon in the Wilmington, NC Parade of Homes. I used a combination of glass and marble and I think travertine for the accent tile. More detailed pics are featured in the previous post.
The missing tile is explained in the previous post.
On the floor each piece has its tips clipped to accommodate for the feature tile. The 45 degree layout on the floor contrast the straight lay on the walls.

The two shampoo niches were made from preformed plastic boxes whereas the smaller soap niche was custom made from 2x4s. Notice the tiles on the upper, inside faces of the large boxes. They are very thin L shaped cuts. Knowing that marble is very fragile, I'd like a little recognition for these detailed cuts. Your silence is praise enough. Thank you!

No comments: