Thursday, October 7, 2010

Travertine Kitchen Back Splash

This is a great example of a natural stone kitchen back splash. The design is tasteful. All the tile selections work great together. And the Travertine "pencil" bullnose is a great way to finish it off.
In this shot you can see the detail of how I had to address the angle of the cabinet coming out from the wall. So that top bullnose piece had to be mitered on both sides.
Luckily for me, the feature band fit perfectly below the window so no gnarly cuts had to be made.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your kitchen backsplash! I have found an other picture of it, and I finally managed to find it online with the Home Depot a few months ago. Now, we are about to start our renovation, and I have lost all references.
Could you tell me the name, reference numbers etc of the tiles? Where you got them from, would be great too!
Thank you very much, and keep doing such a good job in your house! (we will do our bathroomes too next year, and yours look good!)
E.Denaclara

Anonymous said...

Would love to know the details on the tile shown in these pictures. Color? Manufacturer? $$?

Rich Dolinger said...

My apologies. The home owner supplied all the materials. So I have no knowledge of the cost or the manufacturer.